Extreme reliability, great ergonomics, high capacity, easy concealment and high utility. Thanks to all of these features, the SIG Sauer P365 XL quickly took over the world of concealed carry when it was introduced in 2019. And it might actually be even more popular in 2021 than its predecessor, the SIG P365. Why? Well, unlike its "smaller brother", the XL model comes with a huge benefit as the pistol is optics-ready, meaning you can easily mount any red dot, reflex, or RMR sight on it.
But there's another way how to improve your SIG's accuracy and target acquisition - tactical lights and lasers. And as lights and lasers are much more affordable than red dots, I'll now shed a bit of light at 5 best SIG P365XL lights and lasers. BTW, if you haven't got this amazing SIG Sauer pistol yet, check out our recent P365 XL review and find out why you should get it asap despite some of the P365 XL problems you might run into.
Top 5 lights and lasers for SIG Sauer P365XL
It's sort of hard not to kick off any list of best gun lights with a product developed by Streamlight, the world's most trusted weapon-light brand. Their TLR-7A enjoys extreme popularity and it's compatible with pretty much any popular handgun featuring a Picatinny rail. The light boasts 500 Lumens, which is a sufficient power output for any situation and even the darkest of settings.
- Produced by Streamlight
- Power Output - 500 Lumens
- Beam Distance - 140 meters
- Runtime - 90 minutes on full power
- Optic - Engineered optic produces a concentrated beam with optimum peripheral illumination
- Material - Durable, anodized machined aluminum construction
- Resistance - IPX7, Waterproof to 1 meter for 30 minutes
- Modes - Includes high switch (mounted), low switch
- Accessories - 1 CR123A lithium battery and key kit
- Special features - Safe off feature prevents accidental activation; Saves batteries
- Developed by the most trusted brand
- Durable & Water-resistant
- Doesn't come with a laser
- Not USB rechargeable
Another Streamlight product on our list is their TLR-6, which was designed specifically and solely for the standard P365 and P365 XL models. Although it doesn't deliver breathtaking performance, it's a great fit for your pistol and it's very inexpensive. Sure thing, it could use a laser, but if you only need the pistol for self- and home-defense, this light by Streamlight will do just fine.
- Produced by Streamlight
- Power Output - 100 Lumens
- Ultra lightweight & compact
- Special feature - ambidextrous operation
- Accessories - Includes and uses two CR1/3N lithium batteries
- Developed specifically for the SIG P365 and SIG P365 XL
- Perfect fit for SIG P365 XL
- Very affordable
- Lower power output
- Doesn't feature a laser
Hold on ... Don't forget to choose the best SIG P365 XL holster on the market
You came here to find your new SIG P365 XL light or laser, right? But hold on for a while ... what if you left with more than just one new SIG P365 XL upgrade?
The little more I'm talking about is a custom made SIG P365 XL light holster, which you can find if you hit that button below.
OLIGHT is one of the very few brands that pose real threat to Streamlight. This is especially true when it comes to their PL-MINI 2 Valkyrie, which is a very versatile and flexible weapon-mounted light. Thanks to the adjustable rail (a feature that's not at all common among tac lights), this light fits many more guns than just your SIG.
Even though this light is quite affordable, it offers much more power than other gun lights in the same price range, which is another reason why to buy it. On top of that, the light's USB rechargeable, which is a great perk.
- Designed by OLIGHT
- Adjustable Rail (authorized patent) - Slide the rail adapter back and forth freely to fix the light in the desired position for your specific firearm, making the PL-MINI 2 compatible with most pistols including subcompacts.
- Huge Performance - 600 lumens with 100 meters of throw. Performance comparable to mid-sized weaponlights.
- Convenient Magnetic Charging - Charging by connecting the light directly with the included magnetic USB cable. There is no need to remove a battery or plug into a port that will wear out over time.
- GL and 1913 Rails Included - Compatible with both GL (insert already installed) and Picatinny sized rails (insert included in the package).
- Install in One Second - Quick install and removal within one second; Ultra-compact and lightweight; Three colors available: Black/Desert Tan/OD Green.
- Adjustable rail - fits almost any handgun
- High power output
- USB rechargeable
- Doesn't feature a laser
If you're a SIG fanboy, then pay attention. The FOXTROT365 weapon-mounted white light was developed by SIG Sauer and it's meant specifically for the P365 models. Although it only boasts 100 lumens, it comes with multiple setting and it can run for 2 straight hours (not on the highest settings, though). The drawback of this light is its power output, which is capped to 100 Lumens, but it's slim profile and perfect fit make it one of your best SIG P365 XL light choices.
- DESIGNED TO PERFECTLY FUSE - Designed to perfectly fuse against the trigger guard of the SIG SAUER P365, the proprietary rail mounted FOXTROT365 weapon light is ideal for conceal carry situations. Pairing the latest CREE XP-G3 LED with high-efficiency TIR lens yields 100 lumens for up to a 30-minute runtime.
- MOST ADVANCED - The FOXTROT Weapon Light is the most advanced, rail mounted flashlight available. FOXTROT365 mounts to P365 Models. The FOXTROT takes lights up many notches. Attach it to your P365 and be the here you always wanted to be.
- MULTIPLE SETTINGS - Dual, finger actuated tact switches support ambidextrous use while functioning in either continuous or momentary mode. The flashlight can be switched between 100 lumens of output based on lighting needs and runtime.
- IDEAL FOR ALL - The light is ideal for home defense, law enforcement or military applications and should fit most holsters designed for handgun lights. No task is too large, or too small for this incredible FOXTROT365.
- Perfect fit for all P365 models
- Great choice for SIG fans
- Multiple settings
- Must be removed to change batteries
- Quite expensive
- Lower power output
Although last in order, this is actually the first SIH P365 XL laser on our list. Unsurprisingly, we selected the CMR-206 developed by Crimson Trace, as there's no better laser brand out there. The CMR-206 features a highly visible class 3R green laser, which will significantly boost your SIG's target acquisition. The laser is Ffctory sighted at 50 feet, but you can freely adjust it both for Windage and Elevation with a provided tool. And although it looks to be a bit expensive, this Crimson Trace laser is totally worth it.
- Developed by Crimson Trace
- BRIGHTNESS - Features a 5mW peak, 515-532nm, Class 3R visible green laser that is in conformance with and complies with 21 CFR 1040.10 with a max power output of 5mW for a Class 3R Green Laser - the brightest beam allowed by law
- RUNTIME - 2 hours of battery life that runs on (1) 1/3N battery (included)
- EASE OF USE - Ambidextrous Tap-On / Tap-Off Controls for immediate laser activation from either side of the unit - user installed - no gunsmithing required (four fit inserts are included for specific firearm fit)
- VERSATILITY - Can be used on most pistols, rifles, and shotguns with M1913 Picatinny or similar accessory rail & 1-1/16" between the recoil lug and the trigger guard
- RELIABLE - Factory sighted at 50 feet, but is fully user adjustable for Windage and Elevation with provided tool
- High visibility green laser
- Developed by top gun laser brand
- Can be used with most pistols, handguns, and shotguns
- Price tag
- Doesn't come with a light
Best holsters for SIG P365 XL with light
I've got good and bad news for you. The bad news is that once you pick your new rail-mounted SIG P365XL light or laser, you'll have to find a holster that will fit your gun and light combo like a glove. The good news is that any of these SIG Sauer P365XL light-bearing holsters will do the trick.
CONCLUSION - the best SIG P365 XL light or laser
So, this was our list of the best lights and lasers for the SIG P365 XL. In case you find it difficult to choose from it, you can never go wrong with any light produced by Streamlight. My personal favorite is their Streamlight TLR-6, mainly because it was designed specifically for the P365 models. The only drawback is that this light doesn't feature any laser. If you're looking for a solid SIG P365 XL laser, then you should go with the last option on our list, Crimson Trace CMR-206.
But even if you end up not getting any tactical lighr or laser, you'll still have to do one thing to get the max out of this pistol's potential. You'll have to get a well-made holster for your SIG Sauer P365 XL.
Do you fancy some more light reading? Then carry on with these articles: