The Glock 17 is a name that rings a bell even among those completely new to the world of handguns, right? And is that the case? Well, apart from being one of the best known 9 milimiters ever produced, the pistol is very user-friendly and it's actually considered one of the most reliable guns ever produced, especially when paired up with a solid Glock 17 holster.
The pistol also offers incredible capacity and it's one of the pistol that's readily available for beginners at pretty much any solid gun range. Last but not least, the Internet is flooded with Glock 17 reviews, so whoever decides to find out more about this Glock model can do so in a matter of seconds.
But there's one more reason why the G17 is such a popular firearm. Just like any other Glock, the model 17 also comes with a vast pool of aftermarket moding options. And that's exactly what we'll take a closer look at today. We'll have a look at what the best Glock 17 tactical lights and lasers are.
There can't be any other light taking the first spot on our list than one produced by Streamlight, the world's most popular tactical lights producer. Their TLR-1 HL is one of the most popular weapon-mounted lights ever made and it's no exception even when talking about the Glock 17.
This light comes with an incredible power output of 1000 lumens, which is more than most tac lights offer. So, if you're looking for a great Glock 17 light, this one needs to be considered.
- Power output of incredible 1000 lumens
- Produced by one of the most trusted brands
- Securely fits a broad range of weapons, not just the G17
- Comes with rail locating keys & lithium batteries
- Slick design
- Available in 2 colors - black and flat dark earth
- 6000 series machined aircraft aluminum with anodized finish with high temperature, shock-mounted glass lens
- Ambidextrous momentary/steady on off switch
- Tar optic produces a concentrated beam with optimum peripheral illumination
- Power output of 1000 lumens
- Extremely durable
- Designed by Streamlight
- Doesn't come with a laser
- Flat Dark Earth color variant more expensive
Hold on ... Don't forget to get the right Glock 17 holster
You came here to find your new Glock 17 light or laser, right? But did you know that with a light/laser attached, you'll need a new Glock 17 light-bearing holster? If you want one, just hit that button below and you can have your own light holster for Glock 17 in no time.
BTW, in case you decide not to get a tac light, you'll still need a well-fitting holster, so don't forget to check out our list of the best Glock 17 holsters.
The second Glock 17 light on our list was developed by OLIGHT, who have recently become one of the best known producers of reliable and powerful gun lights. Their Baldr Pro tactical light easily outperforms any competition with the power output of 1350 lumens. However, that's not all as this light also comes with a green laser. It's a great package that's definitely worth a slightly higher price tag.
- Extreme power output of 1350 lumens
- A great combination of tactical light and laser
- Beam distance of 260 meters
- Features a green light laser with an output of <5mW, the class is 3R
- Available in 2 different colors - black and desert tan
- Compatible with both GL rail (installed on the product) and Picatinny rail (included in the package)
- Equipped with adjustable screws, the light can withstand strong impacts and vibrations without loosening after calibration
- Easy to install and detach the light by pressing or loosening the side swing arm
- Incredibly high power output of 1350 lumens
- Features a green light laser
- A bit more expensive
The third light on our list also comes from Streamlight's workshop. And although it doesn't offer as much performance as the first Streamlight on our list, the TLR-7A still is a very solid and viable Glock 17 light.
What this light lacks in performance is well-compensated by its extremely durable construction. This light is resistant to pretty much any type of impact and it's even waterproof. Also, the runtime of 90 minutes isn't a bad feature at all.
- Satisfactory power output of 500 Lumens
- Developed by one of the most trusted gun light brands
- 140 meter beam distance
- Runtime of 90+ minutes
- The lens withstands high temperature and features shock mounted, impact resistant Borofloat glass
- Engineered optic produces a concentrated beam with optimum peripheral illumination
- 6000 Series machined aircraft aluminum with black anodized finish
- Waterproof to 1 meter for 30 minutes
- Includes high switch (mounted), low switch, 1 CR123A lithium battery and key kit
- Safe off feature prevents accidental activation and saves bateries
- Made of extremely durable construction
- Slightly lower power output
- Doesn't feature a laser
While the fourth light on our list wasn't developed by one of the most popular brands, it definitely deserves to be here. DefendTek managed to cram 300 lumens and a very powerful red light laser into a package that comes at quarter of the price of most of the other options on the list, which is incredible. So, if you want to get some bang, but also save a couple of bucks, try out this Glock 17 light and laser combo.
- Power output of 300 lumens
- Also features a powerful 5mW 650nm red laser
- Great bang for the buck option and extremely budget-friendly
- Built in red laser with adjustable aperture and adjustment tool is included, also featuring two versatile settings for the led—steady and strobe
- Comes with a rechargeable CR123a battery and NON rechargeable CR1/3N Battery is included for the red laser
- Ready to run out of the box
- Made of aircraft-grade aluminum - stronger and more durable than standard rail-mounted lights
- Dust and water resistant
- Comes in black color
- A great light + laser combo
- Extremely budget-friendly
- Resistant to dust and water
- Only offers 300 lumens
- Designed by a lesser-known brand
The last Glock 17 upgrade on our list is actually not a tactical light, but only a laser. However, this doesn't make it any less worthwhile. This red light laser was developed by ArmaLaser, which is a fairly new, but already quite popular laser brand.
The laser can be mounted onto pretty much any Glock rail (with the exception of the models chambered for the .45 ACp and 10mm) and its best features is the very quick and convenient grip activation. So, if a laser is all that your Glock needs, go for this one.
- Extremely bright 635nm Red Laser
- Grip activation system - very convenient and quick to use
- Custom designed for G17 19 22 23 24 31 32 34 35 37 38 44 45 All Gens with rails
- Note - WILL NOT FIT .45ACP OR 10MM MODELS OR POLYMER80 FRAMES
- Uses human touch technology to turn on, no mechanical switch or push button or holster activation
- Adjustable laser, battery door, master kill switch
- Made from DuPont Zytel polymer pistol material.
- Ultra reliable electronics
- Simple installation
- Class 3R Laser Product (Does not exceed Class IIIA emission limits), <5mW power output.
- Note - Will not fit a .45ACP or 10mm moldes, nor any Polymer80 frames
- Quick and convenient to use thanks to grip activation syste,
- Fits most Glock pistols
- Extremely bright 635nm Red Laser
- Doesn't come with a light
- Quite expensive
Conclusion - what's the best Glock 17 tactical light?
So, this was our list of the best available Glock 17 lights and laser, updated to meet the demands of this year's (after)market. Any of these G17 lights and lasers are a great choice, but if you don't want to spend ages browsing to all the different features these Glock 17 accessories come with, you can always go with our favorite, the #2 on our list - OLIGHT Baldr Pro for Glock 17. At 1350 lumens, this light offers incomparable performance, which is totally worth its price tag. However, if you're looking for a great budget option, then I suggest you go for #4 on the list - DefendTek DT-M2 for Glock 17.
That's about it, guys. In case you'd like to improve your Glock 17 accuracy and target acquisition even further, then make sure you check out our latest list of Top 5 Night Sights for Glock pistol.
And if you've already got all your G17 needs, then don't forget to pick up a custom made Glock 17 holster, which will allow you to get the most out of the potential of this amazing striker-fired pistol.