It’s safe to say that the SIG Sauer P226 has earned its reputation as a premiere combat pistol thanks to its reliability and legacy of accuracy. The pistol is proud to set the standards by which all other combat guns are measured. And it works even better when paired with a custom made SIG P226 holster.
SIG P226 is a semi-automatic pistol well-made with excellent features. Although it uses a double-stacked magazine, it’s not excessively wide and is very compact for a high-capacity handgun. It features a 4.4’’ barrel length and the overall length of this guy is 7.7’’.
The current standard P226 is the Rail variant, which has a Picatinny rail under the barrel for the attachments of accessories such as a tactical light and laser, which I am going to talk about today. You wouldn’t regret upgrading your P226 with one of the lights/lasers from my list as those accessories can only add more accuracy to your shooting.
The BEST TACTICAL LIGHTS AND LASERS FOR SIG P226
Improving the accuracy and target acquisition of your SIG is the main reason why you should get a P226 flashlight or laser. However, getting the best SIG P226 tactical light or laser isn't the only thing you'll need. If you end up getting one of the SIG P226 upgrades below, you'll also need a custom SIG P226 light-bearing holster.
I kick off my list with my all-time favorite and the world’s most popular Crimson Trace. The CMR-206 is a compact universal green laser sight.
This powerful laser is multifunctional with ambidextrous controls. The lithium battery life is approximately two hours. The CMR-206 includes a five-minute automatic shut-off which helps to save power. This laser is super lightweight and compact.
- 5Mw Peak, 515-532 Nm, Class 3R Visible Green Laser
- Runtime of 2 hours
- Factory sighted at 50 Feet, but fully adjustable for windage and elevation
- Compact and lightweight design
- Comes in black color
- Designed to fit rail-equipped pistols, rifles, and shotguns with modern accessory rail
- Lives on a single 1/3N lithium battery
- Brightest beam allowed by law
- Fits pretty much any firearm with rail
- Developed by a trusted brand
- Not a light & laser combo
- Could use a bit more runtime
It’s safe to say that SureFire is one of the world’s leading tactical light and laser brands, isn’t it? Therefore, another vigorous choice for your SIG P226 is a SureFire X300U, which delivers a special high-performance off-white LED.
It’s able to generate a stunning 1,000 lumens. A special feature of this incredible light is a Total Internal Reflection lens which creates far-reaching smooth light. X300U is ideal for close- to medium-range engagements and is very popular among law enforcement. This light by SureFire is waterproof with a battery life of 1.5 hours.
- Incredible power output of 1000 lumens
- Custom TIR lens creates smooth, far-reaching light with a larger center spot beam
- Integral ambidextrous momentary- and constant-on switching
- Attaches securely to both Universal and Picatinny accessory rails
- 12 extra Surefire CR123A batteries and 3 Lightjunction battery cases
- IPX7 Waterproof
- Made of hard anodized aluminium
- Beam distance of 213 meters
- Runtime of 75 minutes
- Comes in black and tan colors
- TIR lens
- 1,000 lumens power output
- Durable and waterproof
- Ergonomic one-finger ambidextrous momentary
- Lower runtime
- No laser included
Hold on ... don't forget to get yourself a light-bearing SIG P226 holster!
Before I carry on with the rest of the best lights and lasers for your pistol, I need to remind you that you need to look for a custom made holster for your gun. Your P226 with one of the best lights/lasers would be worthless if you don’t pair it up with a well-made concealed carry holster.
Be careful, a standard holster for SIG P226 won’t fit your gun if you upgrade it with an accessory. You need a light-bearing SIG P226 holster that is molded not only on the exact replica of your P226 but also on the exact replica of the tactical attachment. You can choose from many carry styles and materials, such as leather SIG P226 holsters with light, kydex SIG P226 holsters with light, and nylon SIG P226 holsters with light.
Some of the folks are looking for upgrading their SIG also with a red dot. SIG Sauer P226 red dots also improve your shooting accuracy and if you elevate your SIG with both, tactical light and red dot sight, you will be unstoppable. While you’re here, what about getting yourself a glove-like fitting SIG Sauer P226 holster with light and red dot?
It would be rude of me not to include light from Streamlight. Streamlight is a well-known USA company manufacturing popular reliable and durable tactical lights and the TLR-2 HL would be a great choice for your SIG P226.
Streamlight TLR-2 HL provides a 1,000 lumen blast of light and remarkable 283m beam distance thanks to which you can quickly light up large areas and identify objects. Moreover, TLR-2 HL consists of a laser that provides long-range targeting. It also features an ambidextrous steady on-off switch. This light/laser combo is waterproof, and the battery will run for 1.5 hours.
- Resistant to all sorts of conditions
- Power output of 1,000 lumens
- Features a 640-660nm red laser
- IPX4 waterproof
- User-programmable strobe
- Runtime of over 1.5 hours
- Fed by two 3 Volt CR123A lithium batteries
- Comes in black color
- Lightweight & compact
- Delivers 1,000 lumens
- High lumen lithium battery
- Not the most budget-friendly option
The last, but not least option on my list belongs to Viridian. The X5L Gen 3 is the newest version of the original Viridian’s green laser sight + light combo and has excellent reviews among shooters.
The combo is tooled with a bright 500 lumen CREE LED tactical light and includes six operating modes. With Viridian X5L Gen 3 you can easily target up to a hundred yards in daylight and two miles at night. The battery life is roughly 40 minutes when using both light and laser, yet you can check it thanks to the battery indicator light and simply recharge on board.
- Simple attachment and operation qualities
- Up to 6 hours of constant runtime
- Great visibility at night, up to 2 miles
- Daylight visibility up to 100 yards
- Ambidextrous on and off button
- 6 Operating modes
- Available in black color
- Visible up to 2 miles at night
- Long battery life
- Ambidextrous on and off button
- Rechargeable battery
- Quite pricey
BENEFITS OF SIG P226 LIGHTS AND LASERS
Pistol-mounted lights and lasers have become extremely popular over the past few years. You can either love them or hate them, regardless, here's a conclusion of the pros and cons of tac flashlights and lasers. Let’s look at the most essential benefits of lights for SIG Sauer P226:
- Illumination of your surroundings in times of need
- Quicker reaction and increased awareness
- Faster target acquisition
- Extended range shooting
- One free off-hand
- Ability to blind attackers
- Enhancing your capabilities and improving your performance
On the other hand, putting a light/laser on your SIG might bring some issues too:
- Added weight
- Short battery life
- Inadvertent blinding yourself (e.g. in the mirror)
- Giving away your position
- Can get pricey
Conclusion - WHAT’S THE BEST SIG P226 LIGHT AND LASER?
So this was my list of the best tac lights and lasers for your SIG P226. Of course, there are much more of them on the market nowadays, however, if you pick up one of the four above, you will end up with a reliable and powerful light/laser.
If it comes to the pinch of advice, I would go for #4 - Viridian X5L Gen 3 for SIG Sauer P226. It’s a combination of a tac light and a green laser with excellent features and decent battery life. Moreover, it’s a bit cheaper than Streamlight.
Thanks for taking the time to read this article, I hope you’ve got inspired. Anyway, whether you decide on taking your SIG to the next level or not, bear in mind that you deserve a well-made glove-like fitting SIG P226 holster.